Tuesday 4 February 2014

Rocking at ozzmosis


WToday's climbing took us to ozzmosis, which is located on the hairpin roads up towards the gaustatoppen ski resort. This morning I woke up feeling like I'd just closed my eyes, it felt like forever to get to sleep the previous night, as I was so excited and couldn't wait to get back on the ice again. 

 On arriving to ozzmosis I got ready by putting our crampons on before our harness's which were at the bottom of our sacs (school boy error) once down the steeper than remembered path to the base of  the climbing I got racked up and got stuck into the first of many routes to come.


 It felt great to be back on the ice, all the drytooling and training seemed to pay off and even on steep ground I felt more than happy, we did 6 routes in total. I did ozzmosis which is WI4 which I've been wanting to do for a while, it was nice climbing and I really enjoyed it and felt comfortable all the way on bomber pockets and foot placements. 
 The route was steep to start but the drop in temp helped make the ice chewy and all the placements sank in and felt solid every hit. 

I thought I'd get tea making duty out the way and do the honours tonight, so it was garlic chicken, cabbage and spuds on the menu tonight, which was better than it sounds. 
It's Krokan tomorrow and I can't wait to attack the tick list I've been growing through the year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment